Introducing the New LINCS Online Course - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): From Awareness to Action
[Please note: Online registration is required to participate in this LINCS Event.]
The Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE), through the LINCS Technical Assistance Center (LINCS TAC) is currently developing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) course to be utilized by state adult education offices and local adult education programs. This new self-paced learning course called, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: From Awareness to Action, aligns with presidential actions that focus on DEI. This course is meant to help participants develop a deeper understanding of DEI as an actionable activity and encourage participants to look at their individual and programmatic practices through a DEI lens.
LINCS course offerings should include specific instruction on DEI, and although some LINCS courses touch on topics adjacent to DEI (e.g., the Learning to Achieve series of courses [currently being updated]), no learning portal courses explicitly provide information specific to DEI. This new DEI course has the ability to support state offices and local adult education programs by allowing them to start from an awareness of DEI concepts to planning and acting on commitments to DEI to ultimately support adult learner success.
The course is being designed with a future forward focus for state capacity building. Beyond individual use of this self-paced DEI course, state offices and/or local adult education programs may wish to leverage the course for broader training opportunities.
For more information about this new and exciting course offering, please join the LINCS TAC team today!
- Live Session: Introducing the New LINCS Online Course - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): From Awareness to Action
- Description: In honor of National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week, Sudie Whalen of the American Institutes for Research will share details of the new LINCS online course on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): From Awareness to Action.
- Presenter: Sudie Whalen, American Institutes for Research and Mike Cruse, LINCS Disabilities and Equitable Outcomes Community Group Moderator
- Date/Time: Monday, September 19, 2022, 3:30pm ET (live session)
- LINCS Community Group: Disabilities and Equitable Outcomes
- Online registration is required to participate in this LINCS Event.
Executive Order 13985: Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government (January 20, 2021)
Executive Order 13988: Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation (January 20, 2021)
Executive Order 14031: Advancing Equity, Justice, and Opportunity for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (May 28, 2021)
Executive Order 14035: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Workforce (June 25, 2021)
Executive Order 14045: White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence, and Economic Opportunity for Hispanics (September 13, 2021)