The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) authorized core and partner programs. Below is a list of those core and partner programs with links to their respective websites. The six core programs authorized by WIOA include:
- Department of Labor administers Title I (Adult, Dislocated and Youth services) and Title III (Wagner-Peyser Act).
- Department of Education administers both Title II (Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, which is covered by this site) and Title IV (Vocational Rehabilitation).
Additional partner programs under WIOA include:
- (HHS-administered) TANF; Community Services Block Grant;
- (ED-administered) Career and Technical Education programs authorized under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006;
- (USDA-administered) Employment and Training programs and Work programs under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program;
- (DOL-administered) Trade Adjustment Assistance for Workers programs; Jobs for Veterans State Grants programs; Unemployment Insurance programs (programs authorized under State unemployment compensation laws in accordance with applicable Federal law); Senior Community Service Employment program; and Reintegration of Ex-Offenders;
- (HUD-administered) Employment and Training activities carried by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.